Monday 30 April 2018

April Inspiration continues at 2Crafty Chipboard


Hey there..
I am back today with my second inspiration project for April on 2Crafty Chipboard Blog.

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout - "Adventure"



I love nature and love to create nature and travel based themes.
 The picture in this layout was clicked on my visit to Wales last summer. 



For this Layout I used bubble clumps and some foliage chippies, along with the title. The paper I used from Maja Design and did my background with a coat of white gesso over the design area using an unused smart card, followed by a stencil pattern with sand texture paste. Then I used spray from Lindy's Gang to add color and finally background stamping and some splatters.
Next I prepared my chippies. I embossed the bubble clumps and the title "Adventure" with embossing powder from Lindy's and then slightly distressed the edges that I always love to do. I feel scrapbooking is not complete without some amount of distressing.


For the Foliage chippies, first I applied a layer of white gesso with a sponge and then I used Finnabair's metallic acrylic paint "Golden Moss", just roughly applied with my finger.
I did not cover the leaves generously with paint. Finally, I distressed the leaves to make
 them look rustic.


After I was done working on my chippies, I moved on with the layering of collage elements starting with some scrap pieces of papers along with the bubble chippies, flowers, foliage chippies and metal embellishment. To be honest, I find the layering and composing takes most of the time while designing a scrapbook layout. Once I was happy with the composition, I moved on with my favourite part of adding Art stones and micro beads as a final touch.


To finish off, I added highlights of white gesso and some more stamping where needed.



2Crafty Supplies used:

Bubble Clumps
Foliage Set 1
Mini Travel Word Set 2


Other Supplies used:

Flowers by Prima Marketing
Lindy's starbust spray "Milk Chocolate Brown"
Lindy's EP "Purely White"
Metallique Acrylic Paint by Finnabair/Prima "Golden Moss"
White sand texture paste by Finnabair/Prima
White Gesso by Finnabair/Prima
Kaisercraft clear stamp "Botanical"
Art Stones by Finnabair/Prima
Stencil by Finnabair "Honeycomb"
Bronze Micro beads by Finnabair/Prima
Distress ink pad "vintage photo"
3d gloss gel by Finnabair/Prima


That's all for today friends..
Hope you enjoyed the post and got inspired :)

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Hina, this is very beautiful !! I love it !! Have a nice day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete