Friday 4 May 2018

May Inspiration for Mixed Media Warriors


Hi there..

Back today with my project for May Challenge on Mixed Media Warriors. Sadly this is my last work with MMW as my term ends here. 
I altered a wooden box using some elements and the amazing Finnabair's products.


There's also a DT call, please check the details.


So for this box, I started with adhering some random wooden pieces on top of the box, followed by a piece of chipboard that has squares pattern. I then applied sand texture paste generously all over the box and sprinkled some mini art stones on top for added texture. Then I covered the whole box with black gesso.



Next step is putting up the elements. I have used a mixed of junk and some of Prima/Finnabair.
I adhered them all in my chosen pattern with 3d gloss gel. Once the elements have dried, I covered them all with black gesso, except the typo bulb.
After drying the gesso layer, I moved on with color. I used two colors from Finnabair's Metallique Acrylic Range and two different shades of waxes for the highlights.
First I dry brushed the whole box with Metallique Acrylic "Plum Preserves" which is a gorgeous deep purple color with maroonish undertones. Next I added some dry stokes of "Rich Turquoise" sparingly on the elements and in the surrounding area.
Finally I added the highlights of waxes in "Vintage Gold" and "Royal Robes". 
For the typo bulb, I added the "Vintage Gold" wax at the back, for the color to reflect.



And that's all about the process of creating this box. 
It was a fun project and I really had a wonderful time working on it.

Supplies used:

Wooden Box
Dina Wakley Media Black Gesso
White Sand Texture Paste by Finnabair/Prima
Chipboard piece by 2Crafty Chipboard
Mini Art Stones by Finnabair/Prima
Prima Junkyard Findings Typo Bulbs
Finnabair/Prima Art pebbles
Other metal embellishments by Finnabair/Prima
3d Gloss gel by Finnabair/Prima

Hope you enjoyed the post and got inspired :)

Hugs!








No comments:

Post a Comment