Friday 1 March 2019

MTW Inspiration - Fantasy & Wings

Mixed Media Canvas

"ARTIST"


Hello Friends..

It's time for a new challenge over at More Than Words and we have a fantastic theme this month.
The word inspiration "FANTASY" and the creative challenge is using WINGS in your project.
So how does the word Fantasy inspires you.. ?




Here's my interpretation of the Challenge...


As an artist, my life itself is a FANTASY. Based on this thought, I created a mixed media canvas with a winged heart as I believe that art gives WINGS to your feelings and imagination. Art truly sets you free!


I created the background with Finnabair's Metallique Acrylic Paint in "Mermaid Teal" and stencil "Manuscript".  To go with the stencil, I mixed magic paint by Fabrika Decoru in "Bronze" with Finnabair's 3d gloss gel. To make myself happier with the background, I did some background stamping.
Next, I prepared my focal elements.. Winged Hearts and vintage key from 2Crafty Chipboard.
I gessoed the elements black and then applied Finnabair's wax in "Rich Copper" on the key and the smaller winged heart. Rich Copper is one of my most favorite color in these waxes.
I used one of Finnabair's Ephemera piece and some strings to build the focal point.
I often use those Numbers from Finnabair's Mechanicals. I love them!


To finish up, I added some splatters of Distress spray in "Walnut Stain" in the background and also some smaller white ones.
A quick tip: When in doubt, just add splatters!!
:)

Hope you enjoyed reading the post and got inspired!

Hugs










1 comment:

  1. Hi Hina! I love the style of your layouts. Your creations are just beautiful and stunning :) And I wanted to thank you for taking a few minutes out of your valuable time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comment very much. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete