Thursday 31 January 2019

February Inspiration for MTW Challenge

Mixed Media Layout
"Let it snow"



Hello my dear friends..
It's time for February Challenge over at More Than Words and here I am with my inspiration project. This month's word inspiration is "Always" and creative challenge is your favorite quote.



The word ALWAYS inspired me to create a winter layout. Like the seasons ALWAYS change, take a lesson from them and be ready for the changes in life and challenges thereon.. like the quote on my page says, “be open to whatever comes next.. let it snow”


For this layout I chose to be monochromatic for the first time and quite happy with the results.
I started off with a layer of heavy white gesso over the working area in the middle. Then I mixed texture powder with Fabrika decoru magic paint in "black", for the stencil pattern.




Then I added color with distress spray stain in "Hickory smoke" and let it spread with water.
Once the background is done and dry, I added some embossed stamping (product list at the end of the post). I also added some more random stamping with black archival ink. I love using background stamps in most of my projects. Finally added some color splatters.



Next I started with the collage. I used 2Crafty chippie pannel covered with white gesso, as the first thing to be put, followed by other paper and flower elements around the photo. 
I embossed my die cut leaves with Lindy's EP in "Midnight Bronze" (same used for background).
I sprayed my flowers with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in "Abominable snowman", which has a beautiful shine.



Once happy with the arrangement of all the elements and embellishments, I added loads of art stone and distress glitter in "pumice stone". I also added some white nuvo drops here and there.
Finally finished off with more splatters and stamping.



List of supplies

Heavy white gesso by Finnabair/Prima
Texture powder by Finnabair/Prima
Fabrika Decoru magic paint "black"
2Crafty chippie interlocking grid panel
Distress spray stain "hickory smoke"
Stencil "weaving" by Finnabair/Prima
Lindy's EP "midnight bronze"
stamp by finnabair "read to me"
stamp by kaisercraft "tiny dots"
Finnabair mechanicals Numbers
Tim holtz ideology stickers small talk
Nuvo drop white







No comments:

Post a Comment