Wednesday 5 April 2017

ALTERED BOX

Hello Friends..

Summers are almost here and it's good to have cool tones around. I love the moodboard for Mixed Media World March Challenge with lots of blue and white.


There goes my entry for this challenge.. an altered wooden box. I drew inspiration from the colors in this moodboard and decided to go ahead with blue, white and a hint of red too.
Coming on to the project details.. I gave the texture to my box with laces and lots of gesso. Just a couple of flowers, somehow flowers add life to a project I feel. I loved the frosted red berries in the moodboard and decided to perk up the overall look of the box with some red pollens. I used some art stones and a resin butterfly from Finnabair. I added a touch of gold to my butterfly with Finnabair art alchemy wax in white gold. I love those waxes and the amazing ways which they can be used in any project. As a final touch, I added some distress glitter in "pumice stone" and some micro beads. 
That's it!!





Hope you had a good time reading this post.. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have great day!!
:)


6 comments:

  1. It's absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Ingrid.. ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful box captures our mood board theme and colors! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful! And totally after our moodboard! Thank you for sharing with us at Mixed Media World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Maria.. I am so pleased ☺️

      Delete