Monday 10 June 2019

Altered Star - Woodouts!


Altered Star - Woodouts!


Hello Friends..

I am back here to inspire you all with this super simple home decor project with one of my favourite bases from Woodouts!


For this project, I honestly had no clue as what to do.. I'm in the midst of shifting to another house, packing is on and mess all over. So you know I wasn't prepared to work hard on my imagination and take time to sit and think more on altering this beautiful thick STAR shape from Woodouts
My art table is mostly occupied with Finnabair's paints and mediums and some quick embellishments that include a small jar full of buttons. So I just started to assemble those buttons randomly and in a scattered way until I was happy with the arrangement.
Once the buttons dried, I grabbed the jar of Finnabair's black gesso and covered it all.


Next comes adding the colour. When I picked up this star shape to alter, what came to my mind was my son's room in the new house we are moving to. I decided to stick to blue and white tones and chose Finnabair's "Royal blue" in Metallique Acrylic range.


After I was happy with the colour spread (I used water spray and baby wipes a lot), I moved on with Finnabair's waxes in "Mystic Turquoise" and "Old Silver". Added highlights with my fingers mostly. For the Typo Bulb, I used wax in "vintage gold".
And that's all of it!


So imagination can be quick and can strike in the right way at the right time. It can surprise you sometimes even in the oddest of times and surroundings. 
All you have to do is - Trust Yourself!

Hope you liked this post and got inspired!




3 comments: