Tuesday 1 January 2019

Inspiration for MTW Challenges January 2019

Mixed Media Layout 
"Motherhood Goals" 


Hello there.. 
Today I am really excited to reveal my first inspiration project as DT for More Than Words Challenges in 2019. A unique concept of combining a word inspiration and creative challenge. To start the new year, we have the word inspiration "Goals" and the creative challenge is to add journaling in your project in any form.

I created a Mixed Media Layout featuring my daughter's picture and stating a few lines for her in printed form, counting them as my motherhood goals.


I worked on my background using Lindy's sprays, Finnabair's Modelling paste and background stamps. Then I created several layers with the photograph. I like to use old book pages in most of my projects and here also I have incorporated them in different ways.



I love to enhance the beauty of the floral embellishments in my layout and for that, I always prefer to color the flowers in coordination with the overall colour scheme and I love to colour the die cut leaves in different ways. Here I used Lindy's sprays and Finnabair's metallique acrylic paint to colour the leaves as well as the flowers.



To finish off,  I added lots of art stones and micro beads.



Supplies used:

Prima/Finnabair clear gesso
Prima/Finnabair modelling paste
stencil from Vicki Boutin
Background stamps by kaisercraft
Lindy's sprays: Mountain Lavender Gold 
                     Kissing Kenickie Coral
              Gator Gumbo olive
Prima/Finnabair Metallique acrylic paints: "Golden Moss"
                                                                         "Plum Preserves"
Flowers from wild orchid crafts
Distress ink pad "vintage photo"
Prima/Finnabair mini art stones
Prima/Finnabair micro beads "copper"


Hope you enjoyed the post and got inspired!!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year 2019










No comments:

Post a Comment